Municipal Services Logo

Contact    Facebook    Youtube   Twitter

Coming Events
Friday Jun. 21 - 2024
Sunday Jun. 23 - 2024
Monday Jun. 24 - 2024
Tuesday Jun. 25 - 2024

Civil Marriages

The Municipality of Tweed has appointed W. E. White to perform civil marriage solemnization services within the boundaries of the municipality.

The fee for this service is $250.00 and is non-refundable.  The fee must be paid directly to the Municipality of Tweed, however, the date must be pre-booked directly with W. E. White.

It is important to note that the fee for the Marriage Licence ($200.00) is not included in the fee for a civil marriage service.  The Marriage Licence can be obtained no sooner than three months prior to the service and no later than the day prior to the service.  It is not necessary to obtain your Marriage Licence from the Municipality of Tweed office.  It can be obtained from any municipal office in Ontario authorized to issue Marriage Licences.  The fee charged for the Marriage Licence varies throughout the province as it is set by the municipality.

A pre-marriage meeting with W. E. White is mandatory so sufficient time must be allowed prior to the date of the civil service to accommodate this meeting.

In order to obtain a marriage licence please download the marriage licence application form at this link.

Once downloaded and completed you can submit your application to .  To ensure someone is available to meet with you to obtain your marriage licence, please be sure to call ahead to arrange an appointment.

When you visit the office, the application form will need to be signed and dated by both partners (if only 1 partner is attending, the other partner will need to have signed the form at home). 

  • provide 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification for each person getting married must include their photo.
    Examples of government-issued identification include:
    • government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
    • valid passport
    • record of immigrant landing
    • Canadian Citizenship Card
    • valid driver’s licence
    • valid Ontario Photo Card

If either partner has been divorced we require an original certificate of divorce to be brought to our office.  A divorce order will not suffice.   

You can reach W. E. White by telephone at 613-473-1517 or by email.

For more information about getting married in Ontario , click here.